The links below connect to the Ministry Toolbox on GCI’s newly-launched Resources website. The tools found there are designed to assist congregations in pursuing our healthy church vision.
Healthy church results from several factors, including the two addressed below: healthy leadership and healthy ministries.
Healthy Leadership (REAL Teams)
Healthy church leadership is pastor-led and team-based—what GCI refers to as REAL teams. For an infographic explaining what this means, click here. For videos that give additional detail, click on these links:
Healthy Ministries (Faith, Hope & Love Venues)
Healthy church ministries are achieved when there is vibrancy in three areas (venues) of disciple-making ministry: the love venue (incarnational connection), the hope venue (inclusive gathering), and the faith venue (intentional discipleship). Health in these three venues yields Christ-centered, Spirit-led relationship. For an infographic that addresses the three venues, click here. For infographics specific to each one, click on the links below.
Love Venue (incarnational connection)
- How to Identify Your Target Community – connecting with nearby, unchurched people.
- Missionary vs. Missional – developing “missional rhythms” within your congregation.
- Greeter Ministry – mobilizing a team that extends hospitality to guests and members.
- Connection Card – for building relationships with guests and visitors (includes a template for making your own branded connection card).
- Thank You Postcard – a tool for building relationships with visitors, donors and volunteer workers (includes three templates with instructions for making GCI-branded postcards).
Hope Venue (inclusive gathering)
- Order of Service – for a Christ-centered, gospel-shaped worship experience.
- Countdown to Service- tips for a smooth transition from fellowship to starting the service.
- GCI-Branded Powerpoints – 3 branded customizable powerpoint templates to connect members during the worship service.
- Teacher vs. Preacher – preaching in ways that connect, uplift and transform.
- Receiving the Offering – why and how to participate in the offering during the worship service.
- Parking Lot to Pew – tips on ways to improve your assimilation ministry.