This issue of Equipper examines the craft of preaching, concludes Cathy Deddo’s essay, and provides RCL-synced sermons for April.
From Greg: Preach with passion
Greg Williams urges us to preach passionate, Christ-centered sermons.
Key concepts in preaching
Dan Rogers offers advice on ways to faithfully preach the Word of God.
Preaching with the lectionary
Ted Johnston lists advantages of aligning our sermons with the RCL.
Resources for preachers
Here are links to various resources that help preachers grow.
Video for starting the church service
Here is a video for congregations to use in starting the worship service.
Videos for Holy Week
Here are videos that could be used for call-to-worship in services on Palm Sunday, Good Friday and Easter Sunday.
Wholehearted, part 2
Cathy Deddo concludes her essay on the Christian life.
Kid’s Korner: Children’s ministry resources
Georgia McKinnon recommends children’s ministry curricula.
RCL sermons for April 2018
Here are Revised Common Lectionary-synced sermons for April:
– Sermon for April 1, 2018 (Easter)
– Sermon for April 8, 2018
– Sermon for April 15, 2018
– Sermon for April 22, 2018
– Sermon for April 29, 2018
In case you missed the sermons for March, here they are:
– Sermon for March 4, 2018
– Sermon for March 11, 2018
– Sermon for March 18, 2018
– Sermon for March 25, 2018 (Palm Sunday)
– Sermon for March 29, 2018 (Maundy Thursday)
– Sermon for March 30, 2018 (Good Friday)